Sunday, May 17, 2009
Just Plain Life
1. A smudgy bruise on Lulie's temple. The swing, OK. The four-year-old probably scarred by freak-out-mom who hopes the neighbors were all at church when the gravity defying stunt unfolded.
2. A cereal bowl full of pee. Yeah, that's right PEE. In the kitchen. On the floor. Jack's brain-child.
3. A fortress of garden stakes also known as "Jack helping plant the garden". I retrieve an upside-down geranium.
4. Naked Jack switched to his birthday-suit half way through playing in the sprinkler.
5. Water hose incident and disclaimer. She didn't MEAN to get him FULL in the face. Hair and all. Riot.
**Pause for a cup of BLACK coffee.
5. The two-year-old reports, "I clean the toilet." And demonstrates. Do we have this backward? Can't we clean cereal bowls and pee in toilets?
6. The cousins come over and all eat dirt. It looks delicious. Jack's runny nose forms an impressive dirt beard.
7. Way past bedtime, we pile onto the top bunk and for the first time all day I really hear the constant trickle of language know as Jane. I bathe in the hospitality of two silly-hearts for more than an hour. Their laughs splash into all the cracks of the day.
It's a wonderful life.