"Momma," Jane's still barefoot while we wait, "I have a feeling the baby's gonna pop out on her due date." Auntie Cerissa and I smile. Guess we're all a little distracted these days.
40 weeks. TODAY. Still no popping.
Another week of gratitude.
11. Shattered oatmeal bowl, no glass embedded in small bare feet.
12. Husband-hands that sweep up glass shards and sticky oats.
13. 40 weeks of baby curled in my womb.
14. Hospital bags packed.
15. Stacks of clean laundry.
16. Red geraniums like Gramma used to plant.
17. Awaiting arms to gather my children and their suitcases.
18. Strawberries and whip cream.
19. Cucumbers and olive oil.
20. A quiet nest of waiting before the whole world changes.
21. Another baby.